Perlan in a nutshell
Perlan is a world-class exploratorium where you learn all about Icelandic nature. Scientific wonders come alive all around visitors; northern lights, glaciers, volcanoes, ocean-life, seabirds, and so much more. You explore a real ice cave, sit back in a first-class Planetarium, have fun with interactive exhibits, and enjoy 360° views over Reykjavik.
Perfect before, after, or instead of traveling out of Reykjavík
Perlan is a Nature Exploratorium and among Reykjavik’s main landmarks. You can learn all about Icelandic nature in fun and interactive ways at Perlan's museum. Some highlights include a real indoors ice cave, hands-on exhibits, a life-size bird cliff full of life, and a show about volcanoes. There is also a Planetarium dome theatre where the northern lights virtually dance all around you. The Icelandic Museum of Natural History also has a hands-on exhibition at Perlan where you discover the mysteries of water in Icelandic nature.
The 360 views from Perlan are spectacular in all directions. You see all over the Reykjavik area, the ocean, and the mountains around.
Perlan is a world-class attraction, educating through experiences. They work with renowned museum artists, the University of Iceland, top-scientists, leading photographers and other specialists to create unique spectacles.
Highlights of Perlan
- Planetarium with a northern lights show
- Real indoor ice cave, 100-meter long
- Modern nature exhibitions and interactive exhibits
- Látrabjarg Cliff with lifelike birds, 10-meter high
- 360° observation deck
- Restaurant and cafe with great views
- Ice cream parlour with homemade ice cream
How to experience Perlan?
- It is best to book your adventure online at www.perlan.is
- To get to Perlan from downtown Reykjavík you can walk, drive or take a bus